News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

Recalculation of performance data

Started by TheSimPilot96, Jun 26, 2023, 09:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheSimPilot96

Hello,

I'm writing with a feature suggestion. Is it possible to add the ability to freely calculate a takeoff and landing form with our own custom data entry?

CPS-NG calculates a takeoff and landing form accurate at the time of pre departure setup. Conditions can change considerably by the time these forms can become relevant however. I wondered if it would be possible to implement a version of the performance calculator that we can fill in manually with data such as:

- Fuel and payload weight
- Preferred CG
- Weather data
- Airport and runway in use

+ Other parameters we can already customize in the performance section of CPS-NG.

It allows re-calculation of data where the conditions change beyond the conditions variation. And also quick determination of performance data for people who want to practice arrivals and departures at specific airports without creating a full flight plan and report.

Just an idea. In addition to all the wonderful things CPS-NG already offers!

Jason

pierre

Good suggestion indeed.
I will study that in depth.
Break the sound barrier...

pierre

Hello,

I have thought about your suggestion. 

Since planning with CPS-NG is very simple and fast, last minute corrections can be made in CPS-NG, provided you do not close it at the end of the initial planning.

Just go back to the modules to modify, correct the data, and CPS-NG will redo the performance calculations. 

A new flight report can then be generated and used for the flight.
Break the sound barrier...