News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

Did you know?

Started by pierre, Mar 30, 2023, 05:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pierre

Few people know that Concorde, thanks to its wing profile, generated no lift during its take-off run.
this particularity meant that the pilot did not have to compensate for the crosswind on the stick, unlike the vast majority of airliners.

In addition, during the rotation, due to the ground effect, it tended to pitch up very sharply. This is why the trim setting was always negative.

This type of particularity must be checked on the models offered on the various simulators in order to demonstrate the degree of realism they demonstrate.

Pierre
Break the sound barrier...

Ray Proudfoot

I'm always very gentle on the yoke when I rotate with a CG of 53.5. Rotate too aggressively and you'll probably get a tail strike.

TheSimPilot96

Is it common to rotate to something just above 10°, get airborne then go to the 13-15° attitude? To avoid a tail strike?

pierre

Quote from: TheSimPilot96 on Apr 27, 2023, 01:25 PMIs it common to rotate to something just above 10°, get airborne then go to the 13-15° attitude? To avoid a tail strike?
CPS-NG calculates the right pitch angle (Theta2)... ;)

TheSimPilot96

Quote from: pierre on Apr 27, 2023, 02:04 PM
Quote from: TheSimPilot96 on Apr 27, 2023, 01:25 PMIs it common to rotate to something just above 10°, get airborne then go to the 13-15° attitude? To avoid a tail strike?

Quote from: pierre on Apr 27, 2023, 02:04 PM

Oh yes. What I'm asking is. Does the Theta2 pitch angle provide tailstrike clearance during initial takeoff rotation?

Is 2-3 °/second a good initial rate? Like the A320 rotation rate for example?

pierre

Yes, It was designed for.

BA used Theta2 which was the 2 engines right pitch angle. So, with the double thrust, it is really secure.

AF used A3 which was the 3 engines right pitch angle. it still leaves a good margin. ;)

TheSimPilot96

I managed to find a link to some of the BA original documents, FCOM equivalent and normal checklists and profiles etc.

Can I post or upload them here? They are pretty meaty documents with some over 500 pages long.

pierre

If you want to publish documents, please make sure you get permission from the author.
Otherwise, I will not be able to leave the document on the forum.

TheSimPilot96

Can I DM you the link to them? I'm not sure how easy it is to contact the poster. It's from a very old forum. Can check if you are happy with it.

Some very useful content in there for prospective Concorde sim pilots

pierre

Of course, I will see if I can get authorization.

Thank you so much. ;)