News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

CFM work in progress preview

Started by pierre, Aug 11, 2023, 06:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pierre

Hello Captain's

Here is the first preview of CFM (Concorde Fuel Management) CPS-NG plugin.

You cannot view this attachment.

This plugin will allow you to follow the fuel consumption during the flight in order to check if it is correct...

Stay tuned.
Pierre
Break the sound barrier...

smati

wow... mon cerveau va encore chauffer  :)

pierre

Hello,

What is CFM (Concorde Fuel Management) ?

This is a plugin designed to track fuel consumption during the flight.
In its previous version, the user had to manually enter the 1st waypoint overflown at Mach 2.0, the amount of fuel on board and the time of crossing the waypoint.
CFM, then plotted a 'normal' consumption curve on the graph.
Then, at each waypoint, he had to enter the amount of fuel on board.
A second curve traced the actual consumption, allowing the curves to be compared and the necessary decisions to be made in the event of major differences.

The version under development will be able to retrieve all this information directly from the simulator used.
The user will only have to launch the plugin and the curves will be drawn automatically without his intervention.

It will suffice for this to have installed the well-known FSUIPC or XPUIPC depending on the simulator used.

More details in a future post...

Break the sound barrier
Pierre

smati

Excellent. I patiently await its release.  8)

pierre

CFM development update:
I am actually testing the Simulator/CFM data exchange.

The results are very encouraging.

Two screenshots as preview.

pierre

Hello Captain's,

Continuing the development of CFM, it seems that the equivalent of FSUIPC for X-Plane (XPUIPC) has compatibility issues with X-Plane 12.

So while waiting for an update of XPUIPC, it will be necessary to enter the data (FOB and ETA) manually for each waypoint, as in the old version of CFM.

For FSX, P3D, and MSFS2020, the automatism works perfectly.

The detection of the simulator used is automatic.

Pierre

smati

I use XPUIC for hardware communication (yoke and throttle). I was also using it for atc software. XPUIC at home works fine. Then see with your program indeed

pierre

Unfortunately, I made tests with XPUIPC, but It freezes both CFM and X-Plane.
Some important data used by CFM cannot be transmitted from X-Plane.
I hope this good utility will be upgraded in the future.

smati

I don't know if this could solve your problem but I saw that there was a workaround. Attached is a txt file that explains this solution. If after reading you think it can be a solution for you, I will give you the download link  ;) You cannot view this attachment.

pierre

Thank you Smati, but CFM doesn't use XPWideClient so this workaround cannot work. Sorry.

pierre

First test with XP12. (See Concorde heritage topic for details)

pierre

Hi Captain's,

Here is the first flight LFPG-KJFK for which the fuel has been monitire by CFM-NG.

As the fuel values are only recorde when the aircraft speed is above Mach 1.72 (Reheats off), the LINND, OWENZ, CAMNR and at gate KJFK have not been recorded. I added them manually.

I will modify CFM so that it will done automatically upon arrival.

You can see that the Concorde FXP and the Gaston's mod is fuel efficient, compared to the real Concorde.

Pierre

gastonreif

Does this mean i should change fuel consumption? how much up?

pierre

May be a little bit.

With Philippe Gleize, in 2010, we made hundreds test flights to adjust the virtual FE behavior and the fuel burn using CFM.

Finally, the curve (red) was very near the black one during the main part of flight. Through the descent and destination subsonic step the red curve passed below the black one then rejoined it at landing with a less than 2000kg difference.

I think the main improvement for Concorde Colimata and Heritage should be that the bird can't reach FL 500 before having a weight of 155t. (ISA 0) and FL 600 only with a weight of 98.6t. (ISA 0) or less.

gastonreif

That means we need to redesign the flightmodel or increase weight or decrease the engine power.