News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

Payload and fuel

Started by Speedy, Mar 31, 2023, 03:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gastonreif

Hi there, for Heritage avionics package i need to know how and when CPS exports fuel and payload.
It sits on top of Colimata FXP so what you send to Colimata FXP before batteries are ON it loads.
If you use CPS when batteries are already ON then refuel procedure must be done. Easy. Hope this helps.

TheSimPilot96

Quote from: gastonreif on Jun 02, 2023, 11:22 PMHi there, for Heritage avionics package i need to know how and when CPS exports fuel and payload.
It sits on top of Colimata FXP so what you send to Colimata FXP before batteries are ON it loads.
If you use CPS when batteries are already ON then refuel procedure must be done. Easy. Hope this helps.
This is effectively what I am currently doing at the moment. Pre load 20 tonnes, turn on the aircraft, set the new fuel load in X-Plane menu, open the inlets to refuel. Results in a correct fuel distribution.  ;D

TheSimPilot96

I recorded a video of this process today but don't know where to upload, also screen shots of the fuel distribution as it is loaded slowly onto the aircraft. Shall I just put it on Youtube and link here?

pierre

Hello Gaston and Jason,

Until now, CPS only calculates the amount of fuel required for a planned trip and for a given payload, taking into account the departure, en route and arrival weather.
So, the export of fuel and payload data is done according to the simulator or the addon used.
For FSLabs, it is simply (Up to the version for P3Dv3) one of two XML files (Fuel and Load) that are placed in the intended folder as if they were generated by FsLabs.

Regarding Colimata and the mod of Gaston, two lua scripts are being studied by our friend Mike08 to load the fuel and the loading in one or the other.
From what I've seen, it takes into account the battery status.

CPS, on the other hand, simply sends the calculated values to the script used, then launches its execution.

If you need any further information, I'm at your disposal.

Hope this help.

Pierre
Break the sound barrier...

pierre

Quote from: TheSimPilot96 on Jun 02, 2023, 11:52 PMI recorded a video of this process today but don't know where to upload, also screen shots of the fuel distribution as it is loaded slowly onto the aircraft. Shall I just put it on Youtube and link here?
You can  upload your video on Youtube then link here without problem.

Thanks a lot

Pierre

TheSimPilot96

Quote from: pierre on Jun 03, 2023, 10:41 AM
Quote from: TheSimPilot96 on Jun 02, 2023, 11:52 PMI recorded a video of this process today but don't know where to upload, also screen shots of the fuel distribution as it is loaded slowly onto the aircraft. Shall I just put it on Youtube and link here?
You can  upload your video on Youtube then link here without problem.

Thanks a lot

Pierre

TheSimPilot96

TheSimPilot96

The first video shows the process. The second one shows the fuel tanks at different stages of the refuel.You cannot view this attachment.

pierre

Hi Jason,

Great job indeed!

Just a remark: In the first video, I think things are moving a little fast.

Just my thoughts.

TheSimPilot96

That's actually me using the sim at normal speeds! I guess I was rushed to meet my TOBT 😅

I'll see if I can reduce the playback speed

TheSimPilot96

Hello @gastonreif

I understand you are working towards a new version of the Heritage mod with 'experimental CofG'. A question if I may.

Will this bring the fuel transfer/trim envelope to be more in line with the numbers that CPS-NG calculates? I have the following observations with the current version of Colimata and your mod.

- When fully loaded with fuel and payload, the block CofG is much further forward than CPS-NG and it is impossible to set 53.5% or anything higher than 53% in X-Plane. In real aircraft 53.5 can be achieved for close to MTOW.

- When in supersonic cruise, it is very easy to achieve 59%+ CG in Xplane and requires much less fuel in the rear of the aircraft to accomplish. It is in reality much harder to do this and requires very aft fuel transfers. I have attached a copy from the flight manual showing what kind of fuel transfers would be needed in a certain configuration. There is also a visible upward elevon deflection despite the aft trim indicated in X-Plane.

I'm pleased to see that the essential mechanics and pumps/inlets are working fairly well to facilitate the needed transfers.

Maybe this major CG envelope change will need to be completed by Colimata themselves but I am just curious.

Thanks,

Jason

TheSimPilot96

The charts:

ZFW: 88600kg
ZFWCG: 52.2%

CG of 58.7% could only be achieved with:

Tanks 9/10: empty
Tank 11: full (10500kg)
Tanks 5a/7a: full (2250kg each)
Tanks 1/4 in aft trim mode (1650kg each)
Other tanks drained normally.

If I empty the fuel tanks this way in X-Plane the CG could be as far back as 60%!

gastonreif

CoG adjustment is at the bottom of the todo list. Too soon to talk about. Your observations are known to me.

TheSimPilot96

No problem! Just wondered if it was in the works. It's not a showstopper.

Thank you