News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

Payload and fuel

Started by Speedy, Mar 31, 2023, 03:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Speedy

Thanks for setting up a forum for us; it is very much appreciated.  One of the great features of the CPS X version was its ability to load the fuel and payload straight onto Concorde (FSL for FSX); will that be the same with CPS-NG for  Concorde FXP version 3?  Similarly, CPS X loaded the route into the INS; will that be still possible for Concorde FXP V 3?  

I'm sure that this forum will be 'the' place to gather for all Concorde enthusiasts.  Thanks for all you do.

cheers
As long as I can I WILL

Speedy

pierre

Hi Speedy,

Thanks for the kind words.

CPS-NG as CPS-X will be able to load fuel and load on the previous versions, but not withe future FSL Concorde for P3Dv5 which has Its own flight planner.

Concerning Concorde FXP V3, I am working to make it possible but I have very little information on the possibilities of doing so.
I will contact Gaston Reif who develops a great mod Concorde Heritage avionics package.
Maybe this will be possible thanks to his work.

If you have any information I am a taker.

Cheers

Break the sound barrier...

MIKE08

Bonjour Pierre,
Merci pour ton ouverture du Forum CPS-NG
Pour l'importation du Fuel dans les différents réservoirs du Concorde, j'étais au courant que c'était presque impossible en fonction des conditions actuelles.
J'avais moi-même fait un script "lua" pour remplir correctement les réservoirs de carburant en fonction de la quantité totale de carburant suivant la règle de remplissage AIR FRANCE.
Mais mon script ne fonctionnait pas (bien qu'il fonctionne pour un autre avion) car il était systématiquement écrasé par le script original de COLIMATA
J'avais moi aussi contacté Gaston Reif qui pensait créer lui aussi un script pour sa prochaine version, mais apparemment il n'y est pas parvenu
Maintenant, je pense pouvoir quand même forcer ce maudit script, il va falloir que je fasse encore quelques petits ou gros tests
A bientôt
MIKE08

Hello Pierre,
Thank you for opening the CPS-NG Forum
For the import of Fuel in the various tanks of Concorde, I was aware that it was almost impossible according to the current conditions.
I had myself made a "lua" script to correctly fill the fuel tanks according to the total amount of fuel following the AIR FRANCE filling rule.
But my script did not work (although it works for another plane) because it was systematically overwritten by the original COLIMATA script
I had also contacted Gaston Reif who was thinking of creating a script for his next version, but apparently he didn't succeed.

Now, I think I can still force this cursed script, I'll have to do some more small or big tests
See you soon
MIKE08

pierre

Hi Michel,

Please, in the future would you write your message in English for a better homogeneity.

I took the liberty of adding the English translation of your message.

Thanks
Pierre

TheSimPilot96

Hello all.

Some of you may be aware of this but I just wanted to advise those using the X-Plane Concorde with the latest version of the Heritage package.

It seems as though the ground refuelling logic which Gaston created for his mod actually distributes the fuel in the way that CPS calculates it should be.

If you load the aircraft with approx landing fuel and power it up, then change the fuel to the desired amount, then start the ground refuelling procedure, the fuel is slowly loaded in accordance with the CPS profile. Need to do more tests to verify how reliable, but initial results are promising. Flew a sector from GCFV-EGKK after a ground refuelling today.

pierre

Hi Jason,

Excellent news indeed.

Thank you for the research and testing you're doing.
The possibility of having a good compatibility with X-Plane grows thanks to you.

TheSimPilot96

Hello all.

It does seem as though the Heritage avionics mod on the X-Plane Concorde gives a more realistic loadout of the fuel distribution when the ground refuelling process is followed. If there are plans to introduce a change to the way fuel is pre loaded in CPS to fit the X-Plane Concorde, it might be nice to allow the user to change the preset for how fuel is distributed. IE, allow the more realistic CPS current distribution rules (which can be set in X-Plane) or use the colimata logic, which more or less is just the total fuel distributed evenly amongst the tanks for a neutral CG (as if loading the plane fuelled up already).

Also not sure if this is the place but the latest version of CPS-NG is quite stable for me

pierre

Hi,

thank you first for your involvement in the CPS-NG project.

Thank you also for making the link between CPS-NG and Colimata and Heritage.

Now that the program is stabilized, I will be able to devote more time to the X-Plane part of the project.

The general idea is to allow the user to choose between exporting raw data to Colimata and exporting refined data to Heritage.
For this I plan to open a dialog box when the user clicks on the Export to X-Plane button.
This dialogue box will allow to select the type of export: Colimata or Heritage...

What do you think about ?

TheSimPilot96

Quote from: pierre on Jun 02, 2023, 09:19 AMHi,

thank you first for your involvement in the CPS-NG project.

Thank you also for making the link between CPS-NG and Colimata and Heritage.

Now that the program is stabilized, I will be able to devote more time to the X-Plane part of the project.

The general idea is to allow the user to choose between exporting raw data to Colimata and exporting refined data to Heritage.
For this I plan to open a dialog box when the user clicks on the Export to X-Plane button.
This dialogue box will allow to select the type of export: Colimata or Heritage...

What do you think about ?
Thank you very much!

Yes that does sound like it would work quite well.

I suppose the Colimata export would be the basic option as it will just enter the fuel as per the X-Plane logic (not technically correct).

If you were to export with the heritage logic in mind I think there are 2 options here.

Option 1: The aircraft is loaded with about 20 tonnes fuel in X-Plane, after CPS export the front fuel contents goes up to the block fuel.
From here the user completes the ground refuel procedure (open standby inlets) and the heritage contents increase to the desired amount.

Option 2: This would probably require collaboration directly with Gaston. His fuel system fully supports the real world fuel distribution but currently only achievable through the ground refuel procedure. It might be possible to export directly to his fuel tanks however. Will have to ask him.

TheSimPilot96

Is Gaston in this forum?

pierre

Quote from: TheSimPilot96 on Jun 02, 2023, 02:40 PMIs Gaston in this forum?
Unfortunately no.
He would of course be welcome.

pierre

Regarding Colimata, it is very easy to export the total fuel and payload with a simple script (Forian Müller very kindly provided us with the dataset for this).
Regarding Heritage, I think it is possible according to Mike08, to export the fuel for each tank. For the payload, I have no information.

TheSimPilot96

Quote from: pierre on Jun 02, 2023, 04:01 PMRegarding Colimata, it is very easy to export the total fuel and payload with a simple script (Forian Müller very kindly provided us with the dataset for this).
Regarding Heritage, I think it is possible according to Mike08, to export the fuel for each tank. For the payload, I have no information.
Thats great news. The X-Plane payload like you say, is distributed for an equal CG so hopefully it's not a significant factor provided pilots are loading in a uniform sense.

I need to speak to Mike08 then or get Gaston on this forum maybe. I know he still actively develops his mod.

Will do an LHR-JFK sector today and record the fuel distribution and maybe post here somewhere 

pierre

You can send a PM to Mike08 without problem.

Thanks a lot for your help.

pierre

Quote from: TheSimPilot96 on Jun 02, 2023, 04:13 PM
Quote from: pierre on Jun 02, 2023, 04:01 PMRegarding Colimata, it is very easy to export the total fuel and payload with a simple script (Forian Müller very kindly provided us with the dataset for this).
Thats great news. The X-Plane payload like you say, is distributed for an equal CG so hopefully it's not a significant factor provided pilots are loading in a uniform sense.

I need to speak to Mike08 then or get Gaston on this forum maybe. I know he still actively develops his mod.

Will do an LHR-JFK sector today and record the fuel distribution and maybe post here somewhere
With Colimata, I just have to send the total payload weight to Concorde FXP.