News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Main Menu

CPS-NG to X-Plane Concorde Heritage INS positions export...

Started by pierre, Jun 07, 2023, 05:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pierre

The CPS-NG to X-Plane Concorde Heritage Avionics Package INS positions export is in work.

I am very happy to work with Gaston Reif to develop the export of INS positions from CPS-NG to his excellent mod.
CPS-NG is now able to generate the common file.

The export should be relatively easy to do.

Break the sound barrier. ;)
Break the sound barrier...

TheSimPilot96

Excellent! Do you know yet if it will be possible to perform additional waypoint exports Enroute?

pierre

I do not well know X-Plane Concorde, but I think you should be able to delete, add, modify the waypoints in flight.

Exporting additional waypoint cannot be performed as the planning will be completed.

Furthermore, the fuel planning would be distorded if it were possible.

TheSimPilot96

Quote from: pierre on Jun 08, 2023, 09:09 AMI do not well know X-Plane Concorde, but I think you should be able to delete, add, modify the waypoints in flight.

Exporting additional waypoint cannot be performed as the planning will be completed.

Furthermore, the fuel planning would be distorded if it were possible.
I'm just referring to waypoints in excess of 9. As we can't have the entire flight plan pre loaded before departure with high waypoint counts. I just wondered if the export process adds the first 9 waypoints, then further route loading would add the rest.

It's not a showstopper. Additional waypoints can be manually entered Enroute with Heritage mod.

Ray Proudfoot

I don't have the Colimata Concorde but the FS Labs one will load the first plan containing 9 waypoints and then when the aircraft is flying between 6 and 7 you loaded the next set of up to 9 waypoints.

Much the same as the real world ops I imagine.

TheSimPilot96

Quote from: Ray Proudfoot on Jun 08, 2023, 05:17 PMI don't have the Colimata Concorde but the FS Labs one will load the first plan containing 9 waypoints and then when the aircraft is flying between 6 and 7 you loaded the next set of up to 9 waypoints.

Much the same as the real world ops I imagine.
Yes, wonder if the export process from CPS could function like this.

Currently in X-Plane the route is manually entered with the INS remote function allowing multiple INS entry. As waypoints are passed, Enroute manual loading is required.

If CPS outputs a file readable by Heritage mod INS, Could the route be split into 9 waypoints and loaded like the data card system used in the aircraft?

Ray Proudfoot

So you have to manually enter all waypoints? Ouch! That's not very helpful.

The Colimata developer should be encouraged to adopt the same system as FSL which of course mirrored real world ops.

TheSimPilot96

Quote from: Ray Proudfoot on Jun 08, 2023, 05:57 PMSo you have to manually enter all waypoints? Ouch! That's not very helpful.

The Colimata developer should be encouraged to adopt the same system as FSL which of course mirrored real world ops.
Colimata actually does have this flight plan upload in the standard build. But the INS is very limited otherwise and doesn't have the extended functionality that Gaston's Heritage mod provides, like triple independent INS systems and status code reporting etc.

So if CPS can output this data into Gaston's mod then we get both a solid INS simulation and the 'data card' system that FSlabs simulated.

The new Heritage INS only came out in early March so is still a new thing for us X-Plane people. I look forward to its development.

pierre

Now, I can say YES!

The INS points corresponding at CPS-NG planned flight can be exported to Gaston's mod.
We have tested a file format which perfectly match.
Just remains to know the folder where export this file and the game will be won.

TheSimPilot96

Quote from: pierre on Jun 09, 2023, 04:55 PMNow, I can say YES!

The INS points corresponding at CPS-NG planned flight can be exported to Gaston's mod.
We have tested a file format which perfectly match.
Just remains to know the folder where export this file and the game will be won.
Excellent!

Will try that over the weekend if it's available in a beta build. And if it's in a file format I hope it can be imported to his mod during flight 

pierre

Sorry, but you'll need to be patient until I'll back from vacation. ;)